Saturday, July 26, 2014

Cowboy Boot Block

I have admired the many cowboy boot quilts on the web.  As a Texas, I think one would make a lovely gift for someone expecting a baby boy.  Unfortunately, upon closer inspection, I was not pleased with the shape of the boots.  Either the heel was too high, the toe too pointy, or too square.  Since I wanted the perfect boot, i decided to craft my own.  I found a coloring page with the outline of a boot that I liked.  Then I squared off parts of the boot to make manageable blocks.  Next, I cut out the pattern, and got to work on the pieces.  I now know why people charge so much for patterns.  It is not easy.  Below is a picture of the finished block.  I think I still need to tweak the pattern, but I am pretty pleased with the end result.  Who knows, maybe I will start selling patterns!






No comments: