Saturday, August 8, 2009


Here is an easy project that I made - a tissue holder for my purse. It takes just a bit of fabric, a couple of seams, and about 5 minutes, if that. I mass produced them to give to a senior center.


I attended a serger class and we created this holiday table runner - all on the serger. Obviously, my serger and piecing skills are minimal. One day I might finish it. One valuable thing that I learned from the class and from my classmates, is that there are people who are greatly skilled at coordinating and matching fabrics for a beautiful quilting project. I am not one of those people.



Here is a second attempt. See what I mean about my color selection skills...



Now I think I did a pretty sharp job on these coasters. On one side, they accommodate the base of a wine glass. On the other, they are standard coasters. I made these on the serger as well. Notice the holiday fabric on the inside? Nice!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: