Sunday, November 24, 2013

Mug Rug Swap

I have decided to take a few more chances with my sewing.  I recently joined a holiday mug rug swap.  The way it works is that I make a mug rug for a stranger who also signed up for the swap, and someone makes one for me.  From her posts, my swapee likes bells, and celebrates Christmas.  I decided to use an embroidery design of a bell as my centerpiece, and coordinated the colors to a holiday fabric I had in my stash.  Two comments on mug rug swaps  - 1. They are small so there is less room to mess up, and 2. There is added pressure when you make something for a stranger - it cannot be as flawed as the items one makes for say, mom...  Anyway, I took my time, chose colors carefully, and actually created a mug rug I can be proud of.  I hope my swapee likes it.  And I cannot wait to get mine in the mail.  I will post a picture of the one I receive once I get it.  Here is the one I made.


No comments: