Sunday, November 24, 2013

Red Bow Ties - Anyone Thinking Doctor Who?

Having just watched the latest episode of Doctor Who, I created this cute quilt that is reminiscent of the 11th Doctor's bow tie.  OK, only as I am looking at this quilt now did I relate it to the Doctor.  Still, it does pay homage...

Here's how I made it.   I had some jelly roll strips left over from another project - of which I have no recollection what that project was.  Humph!  Anyway, I started with half square triangle squares of red and yellow, then added the jelly roll strips to only two sides of the square - the red triangle sides.  I added an additional strip to one side creating a rectangle.  I love how this created sort of an off-set red bow tie.  Since this is such a scrappy quilt I added sides and top fabric scrappily alternating red and yellow.  I think it turned out to be a super-fun quilt top.  I hope to quilt it soon.  Sorry Whovians - next time I will make it in Tardis Blue and red. 

No comments: