Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kaffe Fassett Quilt Back Done!

I love, love, love the quilt back of my Kaffe Fassett Quilt.  The large purple field broken by the left-over triangles from the front make a powerful burst of color.  I plan to fire-up my pieced together "long arm" machine (after a few trial runs) to quilt this quilt.  Of course I could chicken out at any time and stitch in the ditch.  You may ask, "what long arm"?  Well, it's a quilt frame I purchased off ebay, with an ebay sewing machine with a bit wider throat than my embroidery machine.  I have had it about a year but have not fully figured it out.  Yes I have quilted a few lap/baby quilts, but not as beautifully as I had hoped.  I plan to attend a free arm class at the International Quilt Featival to up my skills.  It may be after the Quilt Festival that I quilt this piece.  It's all good!







No comments: