Sunday, September 22, 2013

Quilt in Progress

I am in the process of creating a quilt. I sewed together sets of 4 strips from a jelly roll and cut those joined strip sets into equilateral triangles. I had planned to create a prism pattern I had seen on the internet, but once arranged, the pattern was lost with the Kaffe Fasset print. Here is arrangement one.
Here are arrangements 2 and 3:
My daughter prefers #3. I like 1 and 3. I attended the Conroe Quilt Guild show this week and asked an opinion of one of the ladies there. She liked 1 and 3 as well, but preferred 1. I think I will go that direction. In looking at the pictures, I decided that I did not like the orange and black fabric at all, felt the longer blue and brown polka-dotted fabric was a bit distracting, and the black longer fabric seemed out of place. So, since I had two strips left, I removed these (with the exception of 2 of the black strips - I ran out of fabric). I will re-sew these soon, re-lay out the pattern, and decide if I am ready to move forward. More later!

No comments: