Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quilt Guild of Greater Houston Charity Quilt Day

Today was a great day! I brought my machine to a local church and participated in the QGGH Charity Quilt Day. Folks bring sewing machines, and a potluck dish. Some folks sewed quilt tops, others quilted, and others added binding. We all worked on different projects. I was able to complete three quilt tops and one quilt back in the 6 hour session. Quilt pieces were pre-cut and placed in ziplock bags with instructions. I just had to grab a bag and sew. These quilts go to a number of Houston charities - helping our homeless, children removed from homes and awaiting court appearances, and visitors to Houston who are going through treatment at MD Anderson, or awaiting a transplant at one of the other hospitals. These tend to be lap quilts meant to give comfort to those who receive them. The event was great fun - I like to chat while sewing. What a great group of women! Here are pictures of my completed works. One of the women was able to quilt my first quilt top that day, so I have a picture of the quilted quilt.

No comments: